What is color therapy?
Whatever color we wear, see or eat influences our body and our mood and Color Therapy is becoming more popular for treating physical and mental health by balancing the body’s chakras.
This alternative remedy dates back to ancient Egyptians who used colored sun rooms for therapeutic purposes.
The body has seven chakras and a different color represents each one:
1. The Root Chakra, located at the base of the spine, is represented by red. This chakra is our connection with the Earth.
2. The Sacral Chakra, located 2 or 3 inches below the navel, is represented by orange. This chakra is said to be associated with reproduction and is the mind-body chakra.
3. The Solar Plexus Chakra, located between the navel and sternum, is represented by yellow. This chakra is associated with parts of the human body like the pancreas, liver, digestive system, and gallbladder, as well as positivity, empowerment, and well-being.
4. Green represents the Heart Chakra and is associated with parts of the physical body like the heart, lungs, and immune system. It’s associated with energy or the energy field, the nervous system, mental focus, compassion, and empowerment.
5. The Throat Chakra is represented by blue or blue light and is associated with the thyroid and metabolism as well as peaceful expression.
6. The Third Eye Chakra, located between the eyebrows is represented by indigo and associated the pituitary gland and pineal gland and influences our sleep cycles, self-esteem, clarity, wisdom, and intuition.
7. The Crown Chakra, located at the top of the head, is represented by violet and associated with the pineal gland, light sensitivity, sleep cycles, dreams, clarity, and spirituality.
(Guide via regain.us)
How it works:
Projections of coloured visible light are viewed through the eyes. A Colour Therapist will use special equipment to project the coloured light onto a screen, which is then viewed through your eyes to receive a therapeutic effect on your area of concern.